Vi-Ability has assisted Vauxhall Motors FC in securing funding for a full-time “Head of Community” in order to develop and drive forward a wide range of football related initiatives both locally and throughout the county. The role involves developing links between the club and the local community and working with key partners to deliver themed projects and to promote key agendas accordingly.
Working closely with the club and helping to generate sponsorship and funding opportunities, this person will also be responsible for the delivery of in-school education projects and organize after schools activities for youngsters.
Reporting to a board of directors the role will also be supported by various support mechanisms within the club and its community partnerships.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a coaching qualification (ideally UEFA “B” / Level 3)
- Be highly motivated and driven
- Be prepared to work both individually and part of a team
- Have a good knowledge of football related community schemes
- Hold a CRB check or be willing to undertake one
Preferably the candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level
- Have experience teaching in schools or a training environment
- Have a good knowledge or background in sports development
A full job description is available on request.
To apply, please submit a CV along with a covering letter to include salary expectations to the Community Director via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is:
Friday 13th July 2012